• Analyzes service failures across multiple departments and actions or escalates findings to ensure their timely resolution and preventative measures are being taken (i.e. billing discrepancies, claims, delays…etc)
• Archives all shipment related documents
• Assigns tasks as required to internal departments based on the nature of the request
• Confirms shipment-level profitability and escalates any loss-making or low margin shipments to supervisor
• Controls commercial documentation required for export or import declaration and other regulatory agencies or requirements (AES, DPS, Hazmat, AMS)
• Actions the resolution of any accounts payable issues within area of responsibility.
• Prepares house airway bill pouch and labels
• Processes external billing based on quotations, established contract rates and standard tariffs and verifies if additional charges were incurred such as trucker waiting time
• Responsible for the export compliance including Denied Party Screening and AES filing
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
• High School Diploma or GED
• One to three years of previous experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
• Completion of any industry related course is an asset