The Airfreight Export Coordinator manages the transportation and compliance of an outbound shipment from pick up to customer billing, ensuring service commitments are achieved and company objectives met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzes service failures across multiple departments and actions or escalates findings to ensure their timely resolution and preventative measures are being taken (i.e. billing discrepancies, claims, delays…etc)
• Archives all shipment related documents
• Assigns tasks as required to internal departments based on the nature of the request
• Confirms shipment-level profitability and escalates any loss-making or low margin shipments to supervisor
• Controls commercial documentation required for export or import declaration and other regulatory agencies or requirements (AES, DPS, Hazmat, AMS)
• Actions the resolution of any accounts payable issues within area of responsibility.
• Prepares house airway bill pouch and labels
• Processes external billing based on quotations, established contract rates and standard tariffs and verifies if additional charges were incurred such as trucker waiting time
• Responsible for the export compliance including Denied Party Screening and AES filing
• Performs other duties as assigned.