The Airfreight Import Coordinator manages the transportation and compliance of an outbound shipment from pick up to customer billing, ensuring service commitments are achieved and company objectives met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiates the shipment processing and confirms the destination leg routing and tracking events
• Ensures that customers are properly setup in company CRM system (i.e. POA, credit application, customer billing profiles…etc)
• Sets up estimated cost and revenue charges based on customer quotations or established contract rates
• Sends customer pre-alerts after confirmed arrival at the final port of discharge
• Ensures that all commercial documentation required for import customs clearance purposes are available and coordinates with both external and internal parties in case of discrepancies
• Pays terminal charges and confirms AMS information and customs clearance status
• Schedules and monitors airport transfers and request delivery to the final consignee
• Creates broker arrival notices for internal or external broker
• Completes customer and intercompany billing as well as coordinates billing discrepancies
• Archives all shipment related documents
• Contributes to implementation of department procedures to maximize productivity
• Assigns tasks as required to internal departments
• Confirms the availability and validity of customer spot or contract rates including routing and directs all rate inquiries to the pricing department when applicable
• Monitors, assigns, and ensures the resolution of any accounts payable issues within area of responsibility
• Identifies and communicates potential customer leads to Sales
• Performs credit check prior to arranging transportation
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.