• Provide quality customer service by responding to quote requests and other
inquiries in a professional and timely manner, collaborating with other team
members to offer problem resolution, and providing estimates as needed.
• Set up new accounts with customer maintenance, accounting, and payment
terms, and insurance compliance, as well as obtaining and verifying Powers of
• Create and maintain import files including system logging, file setup,
documentation, communications logs, rating, billing, and other related items,
• Enter and provide ISF, Customs, and OGA clearances for all import entries.
• Comply with all governmental agency—Customs, BIS, TSA, USDA, FDA,
USFWS, DOT, etc.—rules and regulations, as applicable.
• Develop, provide, and maintain quality client and vendor (steamship lines,
terminals, truckers, etc.) relationships, ensuring daily updates as needed.
• Assist Manager and or Team Leader with operations issues, including customer
satisfaction, profitability, and other branches.
• Prioritize and organize shipments to insure timely and efficient handling.
• Assist with local accounting operations, including but not limited to checks, daily
statement payments and accounts payable invoice coding.
• Develop and maintain working knowledge of systems including CargoWise,
Outlook, Word, Excel and FileMaker, as applicable.
• Participate in conferences, meetings, and training courses as applicable.
• Comply with all policies and procedures.
• Keep supervisor informed of workload and any problems as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
1+ years of import logistics experience required, in-office daily. Cargowise is a major plus.
• 1 plus years of experience in processing Customs entries in ACE.
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven understanding of Import requirements and flow.
• Customer focused can-do attitude.
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures specific to a client.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• HSA match contribution
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance
• Employer paid short and long-term disability insurance
• 401k with Match
• Pet insurance
• Identity theft protection
• Accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance